Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Last Few Months in Food, part 6

This final entry in the series should finish off the unbelievably huge surplus of food photos from the past few months.

Sausage patty and hash browns from Denny's. No, I am not proud of the fact that I deigned to eat at Denny's. I was out of town, it was one of but a few dining options, and while I would have gladly eaten anywhere else, I was outvoted.

Pancakes, also from Denny's. The less said about this photo and the previous one, the better.

Better pancakes, made by Katie.

Burger with mushrooms and Swiss cheese, served with fries. That's a bottle of Lindeman's Cassis behind it.

Cochinita pibil, with rice.

French fries and sweet potato fries from The Counter.

Carne asada, chicken and carnitas tacos from Jalisco Grill in Roseville.

Sandwich: Pastrami, ham, turkey, chicken and Swiss cheese on a French dip roll, with chips and a gherkin.

An awesome spectacle of a cake, made by my mother-in-law for my niece's fourth birthday. Though I don't have the recipe handy, it was featured in Cook's Country magazine, in the December 2009 issue I believe.

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me that I need to go to The Counter again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The counter is so good, expensive, but so good...

    I knew the first picture was Denny's by the plate and nearly fell off my chair! Sal ate at Dennys?! What is this world coming to?!?!

    Regarding the cake - is that icing or a more liquidy substance poured over it, as it appears?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am deeply ashamed at having eaten at Denny's. Sadly, it seems to happen when I take a trip to Disneyland with my parents; they love eating there, and that location on Harbor across from the park entrance gets 'em every time.

    As for the cake, it's actually just the icing. I think the fact that it looks so runny is an effect of the flash bouncing off the cake; it was definitely not quite so gloppy-looking in person.

    ReplyDelete