Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cooking For Three

In my home, I have a bookcase that includes four shelves of various cookbooks. By and large, I have no idea where or how I acquired them. Some were purchased. Some were gifts. Others were given to me by my mom from her own collection. The three cookbooks pictured above are Dad's Own Cookbook by Bob Sloan, See Dad Cook by Wayne Harley Brachman, and The One-Armed Cook by by Cynthia Stevens Graubart and Catherine Fliegel R.N. C.C.E. Though I suspect that The One-Armed Cook belonged to Katie before being assimilated into the bookcase, I can't say for certain how the three books came into my possession, although as of last Wednesday, March 24, at 3:45 AM, I'm very glad they did.

In case you can't tell where this is going, what you have just read is the birth announcement of our daughter, Gianna Jessica Camilleri.

How can we forget this week's Lenten Friday Failure? Last Friday after Katie and Gianna were released from the hospital, I enjoyed a delicious pastrami sandwich from Lorenzo's Sandwich Shop in Belmont, California.

1 comment: